If your teen will take their first college course this fall, it’s a good idea to have a quick prep course so they are up to speed! Sophia’s College Readiness Course is open for enrollment right now! This course is rated VERY HIGH by the students who have taken it and the best part? $0 through July 31, 2020!!
Sophia courses are usually $329, but they are $0 right now for their Covid promotion. The course is worth college credit when a student enrolls at one of the 17 partner institutions (meaning to enroll later, after high school graduation) but don’t worry about that- this course is EXCELLENT for what it is: College Readiness!
You’ll award high school elective credit (I recommend issuing 1/2 credit) and your teen can start immediately. The course is self-paced and ungraded. If you want to assure your teen earns college credit, they’ll need to finish the course with 70% or better AND you’ll need to add the course to their ACE transcript.
Sophia’s College Readiness course helps you prepare for an excellent higher education experience. By completing this course, you will become oriented to the experience of higher education, develop strategies to perform your best while in school, and create plans to achieve your academic and career goals.
Assessments & Grading
This is a pass/fail course. You must complete 8 Challenge assessments (these are like quizzes), 3 Milestone assessments (these are like tests), and 1 Touchstone (this is a written assignment) with an overall score of 70% or better.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Choose the right course for their needs and interpret the course syllabus to understand success criteria
- Interact with instructors and peers in a manner that is respectful and constructive to the learning experience
- Recognize unethical behavior in higher education and avoid plagiarism and cheating
- Use proven strategies to optimize effectiveness and efficiency as a learner
- Practice fundamental self-care that is required for academic life
- Use proven strategies to advance academic skills
- Set academic goals and create plans to achieve them
- Set professional goals and create plans to achieve them
A: You choose your own course start date and have 60 days from your chosen start date to complete each course. Sophia courses are self-paced, so many students complete a course in less than 60 days.
A: You do not need any textbooks for Sophia courses. All material is taught by video and text-based tutorials that are in the course room, and are included in the course tuition.
If you want to understand more about how Sophia courses are worth potential college credit, read my page Understanding ACE Credit
Did you know that ALL Sophia courses are currently free during Covid-19? Read more about how to earn up to 100 college credits right now for $0