Yes, the ID requirements are the same. Your kids will need government-issued IDs for CLEP exams no matter where they are taken. Read more below.
Bring the following to the test center or your remote proctoring appointment:
- Acceptable identification must:
- Be government issued.
- Be an original document—photocopied documents aren’t acceptable.
- Be valid and current—expired documents aren’t acceptable, no matter how recently they may have expired.
- Bear the test taker’s full name, in English language characters, exactly as it appears on the Registration Ticket, including the order of the names. Middle initials are optional and only need to match the first letter of the middle name on both the ticket and the identification.
- Bear a recent recognizable photograph that clearly matches the test taker.
- Include the test taker’s signature.
- Be in good condition, with clearly legible text and a clearly visible photograph.
Homeschoolers and high school students: if you don’t have the required government issued ID, please complete a CLEP Student ID Form, which is valid for one year
CLEP ID Student Form must be accompanied by a recognizable photo, with a school or notary seal overlapping the photo. You must sign the form in front of a school official or notary. You must sign the form in the presence of testing staff when you use it
for subsequent testing administrations. If you fail to present appropriate ID, you won’t be tested.
Examples of acceptable identification include:
- Government-issued passport with name, photograph, and signature
- Driver’s license with name, photograph, and signature
- State or province ID issued by the motor vehicle agency with name, photograph, and signature
- Military ID with name, photograph, and electronic signature
- National ID with name, photograph, and signature
- Tribal ID card with name, photograph, and signature
- A naturalization card or certificate of citizenship with name, photograph, and signature
- A permanent resident card (green card) with name, photograph, and signature