College Application AFTER HIGH SCHOOL: What is My Entrance Status?

Use the following as your guide:

Freshman/First Year

This will be the first college or university in which you enroll after graduating high school. Check this even if you have advanced placement (AP) credit, CLEP, DSST, dual enrollment, Studycom, Sophia, Straighterline, Saylor, or have earned college credit in high school.


If you are graduating high school in the coming year and going directly to college, you are NOT a transfer student even if you have college credit. Transfer students have taken college classes after high school. (Does not apply to AP, CLEP, DSST, Sophia, Studycom, Straighterline, or Saylor classes taken after high school)


You want to take college course(s) but are not seeking a degree.


Executive Director of Homeschooling for College Credit