I’ve missed sharing about the college-credit summer programs since COVID, but we are starting to see them come back for 2022! This is the first one I’ve found, but as I find more, I’ll be sure to share them with you. This specific program is worth 6 college credits and takes place in person over 2 weeks at a Christian University in Tennessee called Lee University. Housing and meals are included!
SUMMER HONORS – JUNE 19 THRU JULY 1, 2022
The cost of the entire program is only $980.
This includes 6 college credits, books, lodging, meals, and activities.
Students receive a head start on their college career by earning 6 hours of academic credit. (PASS/FAIL – not grades) While outside of the classroom, students will experience a wide variety of social activities they can expect to find at Lee.
“To be eligible for Summer Honors, you must meet the following two qualifications:
- Be a member of the class of 2022 or 2023.
- Possess a 3.2 GPA OR have a 24 (ACT) or 1120 (SAT) college entrance exam score.
Also, you will need to submit a letter from your guidance counselor or school administrator verifying your academic record. We accept the first 180 qualified applicants, so go ahead and make your plans to attend.”
COURSE / COLLEGE CREDIT CHOICES
read course descriptions here
- CHMN-159-SH Becoming More than Christian: Developing a Faith that Informs Your Life
- EDUC-159-SH How Different Can This Be?: Human Exceptionalities and Similarities in Relation to Special Education
- EDUC-159-SH2 Igniting the World for Change: The Bible, Transformational Teaching, and You
- EDUC-159-SH3 10 Days to Change the World
- HIST-159-SH Lessons from Leaders: Ancient to Contemporary
- PSYC-159-SH You, Us, and Disney+
- RELG-159-SH Transforming Communities through Service
- BIOS-159-SH Disaster Health and Survival: When Others Run Out, We Run In
- BUSN-159-SH Business Lessons from The Office
- CINE-159-SH The Film Experience: Understanding Cultural Language through the Cinema
- GNST-159-SH Leading in Cancel Culture
- MTHS-159-SH Keeping Secrets Secret: The Mathematical Art to Making and Breaking Codes
- MUSW-159-SH Creative Worship Planning and Collaborative Song Writing
- PSYC-159-SH2 Emerge: Knowing Yourself and Writing a Better Story
HS4CC Transfer Pro Tip: If you’re making your course selection based on the best likelihood of transfer later, choose a course with the prefix HIST, PSYC, RELG, BIOS, or MTHS. These are more likely to be considered general education courses.
HS4CC Parent Pro Tip: For each course your teen completes, award 1 high school credit on your homeschool transcript for the school year they just completed.
Is there a summer college credit program we should know about?