Last fall, I took a CLEP from home and wrote a review on how it went. Since then, my daughter has taken three CLEPs from home. Do we love the convenience? Yes! Have there been issues. A few. Today I will share the steps you can follow to take a CLEP at home for FREE!
7 Steps to Free* CLEP Home Proctoring
2. Complete the course.
- A course is considered “complete” when all of the practice questions have been answered. Course resources include videos with transcripts and a textbook.
- Progress in the class can be viewed by choosing the progress tab at the top of the screen.
3. Request a voucher when you’ve completed 100% of the course.
- You will need to upload a screenshot of your course progress. In a few days, you should receive an email from Modern States with the voucher code.
4. Register for the CLEP exam using the voucher number you receive.
- Add the voucher number at the checkout and make sure you choose remote proctoring. Your total will be $0.
*If you do not want to take the Modern States course, you can purchase the CLEP yourself and start with the steps below.
After you register for the CLEP, you will receive an email from the College Board with these remaining instructions.
5. Schedule your remote proctored exam with Proctortrack.
- Go to the Proctortrack website.
- Create your Proctortrack account with your ticket ID.
- Receive an email from Proctortrack to confirm your account
- Schedule your exam appointment. To schedule, log in to your Proctortrack dashboard, click on the schedule bottom, and select a preferred date and time. You will receive a confirmation email. (Note from Jenny: this email is not always immediate. One of our confirmations came days after we scheduled and hours before the exam.)
- If you no longer want to test at home, you must contact CLEP Services at 800-257-9558 and log in to Proctortrack to cancel your scheduled exam appointment.
- If you need to reschedule, you can do so by logging in to Proctortrack up to one hour before your scheduled appointment.
6. Make sure you meet all equipment and environment requirements. If you don’t, you won’t be able to test.
- Review the equipment and environment requirements.
- Make sure the computer you’ll be using for your test meets Proctortrack technical requirements. You must use the Windows operating system, version 10. Windows 11 is not supported. Macs, Chromebooks, tablets, and mobile devices are also prohibited.
7. Confirm that the information on your CLEP exam registration ticket matches the information on your ID.
- To update your information before test day, go to CLEP My Account.
- To update your name, complete the Name Change Request form(.pdf/355 KB) and email it as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
On Test Day
- Have your government-issued ID ready. View ID requirements.
- Log in to Proctortrack at your scheduled appointment time.
- Once logged in, click on the Confirmed button to start your testing process.
More posts about CLEP
Taking a CLEP Exam Using Modern States – STEP by STEP instructions
Different types of college credit help your teen in different ways and accomplish different goals. The biggest question is which one will serve YOUR TEEN better than the others?
What is the difference between the DSST Math for the Liberal Arts and CLEP College Mathematics exam? ~a question asked by MANY homeschool moms Exam Information