DSST, the “other” CLEP test, offers several other exams you can use to add to your CLEP schedule. If you’re thinking about DSST tests, you’ll really love this resource for several free DSST prep guides!
How to access the online DSST Guides for FREE
- Go to hoopladigital.com Hoopla is a digital media service offered by your local public library that allows you to borrow movies, music, audiobooks, ebooks. You’ll be able to access the content from your phone or on your computer.
- Create your username / password. This will give you a free account.
- Select your library from the list. The list includes over 1,500 library systems (if your library isn’t on the list, you can invite them to join).
- Search under ebooks using the term “DSST.”
- My library returned 8 titles, but the “best” is in the bottom right. The Mastering DSST Volume II contains a collection of prep guides for 8 more exams- so you’ll have a total of 15 prep guides at hoopla!
- DSST guides stay in your account for 21 days and then you’ll have to renew.
- Be sure to use the practice tests!
More great DSST tools
In this post, I’m going to feature the exam “The Civil War & Reconstruction” from DSST. With a passing score, this exam can yield 3 college credits.
It’s always best to take a few practice tests before any credit by exam test. There are a good number of DSST practice exams (some for free) available to help you get ready for the “real” test!
What is the difference between the DSST Math for the Liberal Arts and CLEP College Mathematics exam? ~a question asked by MANY homeschool moms Exam Information
When I took my first CLEP exam, I felt pretty comfortable with the process and didn’t immediately see any reason to consider other brands like DSST. It wasn’t long before I realized the limits of brand loyalty and soon branched out to add several DSST exams to my scheduled.