Did your teen graduate high school but not finish their degree?
1st cohort starts in September!!
My newest class: 90-Day Degree
I had a homeschool son graduate with college credit… but five years after high school he still didn’t have his degree. He wasn’t even working on it.
Earning college credit isn’t that hard, but finishing a degree takes a lot of hard work and planning. I’ll skip ahead and tell you that eventually my son DID go back to school, but it certainly wasn’t the “easy win” I thought it would be, and there was a lot of anxiety along the way. I do this for a living, it shouldn’t have been so hard!!
I tell you this story because after homeschooling for 26 years, I’ve learned that a person is never alone in their experiences or challenges. There is always more going on behind the scenes. In our community, parents sometimes message me privately when they have a struggle because it can be embarrassing to ask for help in a community full of happy stories and enthusiasm.
When I first found out about the special program offered through Pierpont Community & Technical College, I jumped at the chance for my son to earn his degree because it allowed us to use the college credit he had from high school in a very flexible way. Since then, I’ve experienced the joy of helping many adults earn that degree and use it as a stepping stone for their next big thing.
One of the many things that makes this degree special is that it is for adult learners – specifically those who graduated high school 2 or more years ago (no exceptions). This rules out your teen who is currently in high school, but a hidden gem for your older kids or parents who might have college credit but no degree.
The Board of Governors Associate of Applied Science degree program at Pierpont Community and Technical College is a nontraditional degree completion opportunity.
- The degree is FREE – Pierpont charges you nothing.
- Any credits you need will come from alternative college credit sources like Study.com, Sophia, and CLEP (a cost you’ll control).
- You can choose your own classes or use my list (which are the fastest and easiest).
- You’ll move at the speed of budget, paying cash at your own pace and to the companies you choose.
- My class will pace you to complete the degree in 90 days, but you can take up to 1 year to finish if necessary.
- The class is an opportunity to follow a master plan over 90 days – every day tells you exactly what you’ll need to do and breaks down this degree in simple language.
- I’ve spelled out exactly what to do, but allow you flexibility within some areas to pick and choose classes that are relevant to your goals.
- You’ll work independently, but with access to a your classmates.
- I’ll host periodic group events where you can get support and ask questions.
- Our group will officially begin September 1, 2022 but you may enroll anytime through November.
- Taught by Jennifer Cook-DeRosa
- Enrollment opens September 1 but the waitlist is open now.