I’m bursting with excitement to announce new big changes this year!
HS4CC 501(c)(3) Nonprofit in 2023
Homeschooling for College Credit is a nonprofit organization dedicated to preserving and advancing access to postsecondary education for homeschooling families through resourceful high school planning.
Homeschooling for College Credit in 2020 (pre-COVID) served about 19,000 in our Facebook groups, but today in 2022 we serve 42,000 in those same groups! As an organization, we have enormous leverage to BRING YOU MORE, and that’s exactly what I intend to do! Homeschooling for College Credit is currently the largest non-profit, non-denominational, peer-to-peer homeschool support group in the United States. I have never been more deeply dedicated to helping parents make the most of out of their teen’s high school career than I am today!
Over the past 3 years I’ve worked very hard to do more with less. While I’ve been able to keep us alive, I’ve also had to turn down big opportunities that would have been available to us if we were “officially” a nonprofit organization.
I had the privilege of launching a nonprofit organization once before, but the scope and scale of Homeschooling for College Credit required a lot more expertise than I bring to the table by myself! Nonprofit organizations have complex legal and financial requirements that have to be followed.
It’s been said that if you want to go fast, to go alone, but if you want to go FAR, go together.
In the coming months you’ll see small and large changes. Small changes include things like the new .org extension on our website (don’t worry- your old links will still work) and our name written as “Homeschooling for College Credit,Incorporated” or HS4CC, Inc.” but most of the big changes are happening slowly behind the scenes.
Big changes in 2023 include:
- Seeking grant funding for large projects.
- Seeking corporate sponsors for special new programs.
- Hiring professionals for large-scale projects.
- Development of multiple Advisory Boards.
- Announcement of a Board of Directors.
- Creation of new high-quality resources for our members.
- Creation of new educational tools to our members.
- Building new university partnerships for our members.
- Delivering college credit opporunities for our members.
- Securing transfer credit partnerships for our members.
- Creation of our own scholarship program.
- Website refresh.
- Applying for 501(c)(3) status
Thank you for your part in the advancement of Homeschooling for College Credit, and I am so excited you’re here for our next chapter.
Questions may be directed to Jennifer Cook-DeRosa, M.S., HS4CC Executive Director, email@example.com