I’ve spent the past month learning all about a brand new Advanced Placement course company called Dumb Ox Learning. The company was started by two rock-star homeschool moms (each with 7 kids!) and I’m so impressed with this company that I’m hosting an info session with them this month. They’ve even agreed to provide a nice discount to our members. Learn more below.
Homeschooling for College Credit does not receive compensation for your participation or registration of Dumb Ox courses or the webinar.
Dumb Ox Learning
Why “Dumb Ox”?
“During his studies, St Thomas Aquinas was nicknamed by his peers the Dumb Ox, both because of his size and the fact that he was slow in speech. Yet, his teacher, St Albert, noted of him, “We call this man a dumb ox, but his bellowing in doctrine will one day resound throughout the world.” Those words have proven to have been prophetic. What better name for this learning platform… Our students will hopefully go forth into the world with their qualifications and achieve great things.”
Dumb Ox Ethos
“Our teachers have a Christian faith which is important to us. It underpins how we approach our teaching by seeking to pursue truth and integrity. We strive to honor God and be faith-friendly. To glorify God, we intend to teach high-quality courses worldwide with top-quality teachers. Our courses are open to students of the Christian faith and of none. We are open and welcoming to all.”
5 Reasons the Dumb Ox Courses are Special
- OFFICIAL: All Dumb Ox courses are approved by The College Board, so you can list them on your homeschool transcript as “AP” or “Advanced Placement.”
- WEIGHTED: These officially approved AP courses are worth 5.0 on your weighted homeschool transcript.
- LIVE: These courses are taught live each week over Zoom. That’s 30+ hours of live instruction by their AP teacher. Outside of class you’ll have email access to the teacher.
- PARENTAL INVOLVEMENT: You’ll receive a student report every 10 weeks.
- PRICE: The courses are offered at a very competitive price, but when you use the Early Bird Discount and your HS4CC webinar discount, the cost is only $488.
Official website: https://dumboxlearning.co.uk
Courses, Instructors, Syllabi, College Credits*
AP Biology (AP exam recommended by ACE for 4 college credits)
AP English Language & Composition (AP exam recommended by ACE for 6 college credits)
AP English Literature (AP exam recommended by ACE for 6 college credits)
AP European History (AP exam recommended by ACE for 6 college credits)
AP Government & Politics: Comparative (AP exam recommended by ACE for 3 college credits)
AP Human Geography (AP exam recommended by ACE for 3 college credits)
AP Latin (AP exam recommended by ACE for 6-12 college credits)
AP Microeconomics (AP exam recommended by ACE for 3 college credits)
AP Pre-Calculus (AP exam recommended by ACE for 4 college credits)
AP Statistics (AP exam recommended by ACE for 3 college credits)
AP World History: Modern (AP exam recommended by ACE for 6 college credits)
* The American Council on Education college credit recommendation is provided but the actual award is at the discretion of your teen’s college or university.
HS4CC is sponsoring a free webinar on Mar 23, 2023, 02:30 PM to meet the founders, ask questions, and get signed up for fall. Jennifer Cook-DeRosa will also be available to answer questions specific to earning college credit through Advanced Placement. Attend this event and get an extra $25 off.
Courses Begin August 28, 2023
AP Class for full academic year (30 weeks) : $570
Early Bird Discount: Get 10% off for signing up before April 1st, 2023.
Homeschooling for College Credit parents who attend the webinar get an extra $25 off their course when signing up before April 1st, 2023.