What’s on this list?
I receive most of my coupon and sale information the same way you can, as a subscriber to a company’s email or social media page. The difference is that I subscribe and follow everyone so you don’t have to! I also routinely ask companies for coupons or promotional pricing that I can share with you when they oblige.
Also, if you know of a sale I’m missing, please let me know so we can get it listed here.
Upromise – (Rewards program)- link your grocery cards and automatically earn small cash rewards when you shop. Money is saved in a 529 college account to spend at the college of your choice. (free)
TEST PREP CREDIT BY EXAM
Advanced Placement (AP)
- None at this time
College Level Exam Program (CLEP)
- Take unlimited CLEP exams for free when you complete a free online CLEP prep course through Modern States. You can also receive reimbursement for your testing center fee or online proctoring waiver. Take a CLEP for free!
- Free CLEP practice tests at FreeCLEPPrep.com No code needed.
- 50% off your second CLEP exam between January 1, 2021 and August 31, 2021, and get 50% off when you sign up for a second exam between June 1, 2021 and August 31, 2021.*
Use promo code CLEPSUMMER.
- Free DSST practice tests at Prometric. No code needed.
- Free DSST practice tests at FreeCLEPPrep.com No code needed.
- Free DSST Official Exam Guide 766-page pdf download. Registration required.
COLLEGE ENTRANCE EXAMS
ACT (College Entrance) None at this time.
PSAT (College Entrance) None at this time.
SAT (College Entrance) None at this time.
CLE (College Entrance) HSLDA members get 20% discount Read more
Get $65 off your stay at an Airbnb when you use this HS4CC promotional link.
DIRECT COLLEGE CREDIT (ACE)
Straighterline (Learning on Demand & College Credit)
- none at this time
Study.com (Learning on Demand & College Credit)
- REFER20 takes $40 off the $199 College Accelerator program
Sophia.com (Learning on Demand & College Credit)
- none at this time
RA CREDIT (“CREDIT LAUNDERING”)
TEL (Learning on Demand & College Credit)
- HS4CC10 10% off cart total until March 20, 2022. Cannot be combined with any other coupon. Good only on TEL Learning Courses on Demand. Not good on Micro-Collegiate Academy or YC Academy. Limit one coupon per person.
Outlier (College Credit)
- Scholarship provides free course for frontline workers (childcare, cashiers, restaurants workers, etc.)
- Take 25% off your course. Use code GIFT20OFF at checkout
CURRICULUM & LEARNING
MEL Science (Chemistry lab subscription service)
The Great Courses Plus (Learning on Demand)
- 14-day trial followed by $10/mo. Great Courses Plus Streaming Subscription
- Rachelle sends us this tip: You can find many Great Courses through the app Hoopla. It connects with a library system near you. The app is free and all you need is a library card. You can check out up to 5 items a month. If not for college courses, it is a great homeschool resource!
Institutes for Excellence in Writing: None at this time.
Apologia Science: None at this time.
Saxon Math (books) None at this time.
Rosetta Stone (digital foreign language curriculum) None at this time.
Veritas Press Online None at this time.
Dave Ramsey Personal Finance Course Members of HSLDA receive a 10% discount Read more
Homeschooling for College Credit
Homeschooling for College Credit Courses: Free transcript course HS4CC Academy
Homeschooling for College CreditWorkshops: live streamed on Zoom
Kindle Unlimited eBooks (Downloadable books to read on your device)
- Get Homeschooling for College Credit (second edition on Kindle) for free when you join Amazon’s Kindle Unlimited.
- Get Homeschooling for College Credit (second edition on Kindle) for $2.99 when you qualify for Amazon’s Matchbook promotion.
Amazon Prime: for COLLEGE STUDENTS. (Free shipping on textbooks, streaming video) If your teen is dual enrolled AND has a college ID, they can join Amazon Prime for 50% off the regular membership. (Note: they generally let you renew for at least 2 years at this rate) Amazon Prime student discount
Amazon Prime: Amazon Prime free 30-day trial.
- Used books: The Homeschooling for College Credit Marketplace allows you to buy, sell, and swap curriculum, textbooks, and test prep supplies.
- Abe Books: Abe Books, especially if I’m looking for an older edition of a classic.
- Textbooks.com: Textbooks.com advertises up to 90% off and free shipping.
- ebooks: Kindle Unlimited gives you unlimited access to their collection of ebooks and audiobooks. The first month is currently free, then $9.99/month.
- Open source: Open Textbook Library A huge collection of free digital textbooks. Note that these are not digital pirated copies- these are legitimately available.
- Buy or rent your textbook book: www.Amazon.com
- Unlimited free shipping on textbooks with Amazon Prime – link to free trial of Prime
- Buy-back program: www.alibris.com when you’re finished with your textbook (that you bought from anywhere) Alibris will buy it back from you! I’ve done this many times, it’s super easy.
COLLEGE TUITION DEALS
25% off Law School Members of Home School Legal Defense Association qualify for a 25% discount on law school tuition at Regent University School of Law. To qualify, the family must have been a member of HSLDA for 12 months or longer and the student must gain acceptance to the law school. HSLDA membership costs $120/year. Regent University is a Christian university with a >85% bar pass rate.
Liberty University is offering a 15% tuition discount to any small business owner and their employees.
Gateway Community College (Ohio) Free (online/on campus) Associate degree if someone in your family works for the union
Excelsior College (New York) receive 50% tuition discount when you work for Pizza Hut.