All known discount codes at this time:
Amazon Prime: for COLLEGE STUDENTS. (Free shipping on textbooks, streaming video) If your teen is dual enrolled AND has a college ID, they can join Amazon Prime for 50% off the regular membership. (Note: they generally let you renew for at least 2 years at this rate) Amazon Prime student discount
Other Amazon deals: Amazon Prime free 30-day trial.
Straighterline (Learning on Demand & College Credit) In my experience, using a SL code is tricky. Some codes require the purchase of a membership in your cart (meaning they won’t work if your membership is currently active), others require you to be a current member buying a course or two, and others work only for new members.
Also, a code only works once per person. You can use multiple codes if you use multiple transactions. (if you took two science courses, you could use two different codes at different times.) StraighterLine Registration, In short, try EVERY CODE IN THIS LIST before you give up and pay rack rate.
- Membership Only:
- MEMBERSHIP50 -$50 off your $99 subscription fee. You’ll pay $49.
- SAVEMRE49P -$49 off your $99 subscription fee. You’ll pay $50.
- 9SL50P -$50 off your $99 subscription renewal. You’ll pay $49.
- RENEW50 -$50 off your $99 subscription renewal. You’ll pay $49
- Membership + 1 course in cart:
- BLOG50- $50 off
- CONGRATS -$50 off
- RETAKE59 -$59 off
- CONTINUE50 -$50 off
- SLCHAT50 -$50 off
- Membership + 2 courses in cart:
- BGS310 – $49 off (new members only)
- Course only:
- THANKYOU18 -$25 off
- TRYAGAIN59 -$59 off
- EZSAVE -$20 off
- SLSTU50 -$50 off
- Re-take a Course:
- RETAKE59 -$59 off
InstantCert (CLEP & DSST Prep)
Using this link $5 off InstantCert (regular price $20) or enter code 100150 at checkout to get $5 off your first month’s subscription.
The Great Courses (Learning on Demand)
- 30-day trial Great Courses Plus Streaming Subscription
- Amazon Video offering unlimited free streaming on The Great Courses Channel with your Prime membership.
Institutes for Excellence in Writing: 10% off through Homeschool Buyer’s Coop.
Study.com (Learning on Demand & College Credit) None at this time
Sophia.com (Learning on Demand & College Credit) TESU199 takes $130 off any course.
C234832 takes $50 off any course
Advanced Placement AP (Credit by Exam)
Modern States voucher program: Modern States is a free online study program aligned to AP exams. They are currently giving vouchers to anyone who does their program and takes the AP exam! As far as I can tell, there is no limit to the number of times you can do it. Modern States AP Exam Voucher Program
Apologia Science: 38% off through Homeschool Buyer’s Coop.
CLEP (Credit by Exam)
Modern States voucher program: Modern States is a free online study program aligned to CLEP exams. They are currently giving vouchers to anyone who does their program and takes the CLEP! In other words- your teen can take a CLEP test for free. After passing your exam, you can also submit your testing center receipt for reimbursement. No expiration date published, but this is promoted as a “limited time” offer. Modern States CLEP Exam Voucher Program
ACT (College Entrance) None at this time.
SAT (College Entrance) None at this time.
UDEMY (Learning on demand)
August Big $10 Sitewide- Dates:08/21-08/31-All Courses on site for $10 for all users
DSST (Credit by Exam) All exams are $70 (reg. $85) through November 30, 2018. Enter code FALL18 at checkout.
Shmoop – (Learning on Demand & College Credit) Shmoop offers ACE evaluated courses for college credit as well as AP, SAT, and ACT prep. These codes should cover all of their plans! Note: Shmoop credit is not accepted at Thomas Edison State College.
Teacher +10 (code: HCCPL10) = 10% discount
Teacher One Year (code: HCCONEYR) = 10% discount
Student One Year (code: HCCSONEYR) = 10% discount
Student College Plus (code: HCCCP) = 10% discount <– that plan for college credit
Student Monthly (code: HCC2OFFSM) $2.00 discount
Teacher Monthly (code: HCC2OFFTM) $2.00 discount
Ed4Credit.com: (Learning on Demand & College Credit) Get $15.00 Off any course. Coupon Code: Autumn18
Driver’s Ed: (Learning on Demand) Homeschool Buyer’s Co-op has discounts that vary by state. Most states are under $30. Driver’s Ed Homeschool
AUDIBLE (Books on tape) Often runs a “Subscribe and get 1 free book” but they are currently running a promotion to Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audiobooks which I’ve not seen before! Of course, besides Homeschooling for College Credit, they carry tons of great audiobooks including all of the Dave Ramsey books, and even some textbooks.
Statistics.com (Learning on Demand & College Credit) 50% off a course with code summersend2018. Most -but not all- courses in this program are ACE evaluated for college credit.
eBOOKS (Downloadable books) When you subscribe to KU, you can receive full unlimited access to over 1 million eBooks (including TEXTBOOKS) on Kindle when you join the Join Amazon Kindle Unlimited 30-Day Free TrialThe current promo link is for a 30-day free trial. After that, it’s $9.99/month.
- Homeschooling for College Credit has a marketplace group on Facebook! It’s specifically set up for our members to buy, sell, and swap curriculum and test prep supplies. College Credit Marketplace
- Kindle Unlimited gives you unlimited access to ebooks and audiobooks. The first month is currently free, then $9.99/month.
- If you can’t find it in our group, you can always try buying used or renting on Amazon. Remember to look for older editions when you’re shopping. Unless a class specifies a specific edition, the used edition will almost always work. www.Amazon.com
- BUY BACK www.alibris.com when you’re finished with your textbook (that you bought from anywhere) Alibris will buy it back from you! I’ve done this many times, it’s super easy.