What’s on this list?
I receive most of my coupon and sale information the same way you can, as a subscriber of a company email or social media page, the difference is that I subscribe and follow everyone so you don’t have to! I also routinely ask companies for coupons or promotional pricing that I can share with you when they oblige.
Also, if you know of a sale I’m missing, please let me know so we can get it listed here.
TEST PREP CREDIT BY EXAM
Advanced Placement (AP)
- AP Test Prep REA Guides (AP Prep books & online practice tests) save 30% when you enter coupon code CLEP30 at checkout.
College Level Exam Program (CLEP)
Take unlimited CLEP exams for free when you complete a free online CLEP prep course through Modern States. You can also receive reimbursement for your testing center fee. Take a CLEP for free!
- REA Guides (CLEP Prep books & online practice tests) save 30% when you enter coupon code CLEP30 at checkout.
- Free CLEP practice tests at FreeCLEPPrep.com No code needed.
- Free DSST practice tests at Prometric. No code needed.
- Free DSST practice tests at FreeCLEPPrep.com No code needed.
- 50% off a 1-year subscription with coupon code “RAMSEY”
COLLEGE ENTRANCE EXAMS
ACT (College Entrance) None at this time.
PSAT (College Entrance) None at this time.
SAT (College Entrance) None at this time.
CLE (College Entrance) HSLDA members get 10% discount
DIRECT COLLEGE CREDIT (ACE)
Straighterline (Learning on Demand & College Credit)
- EZSAVE takes $20 off any course
- REUP50 takes $50 off with membership in your cart
- THANKS1WFL2I for $99 off with membership in your cart
Study.com (Learning on Demand & College Credit)
- REFER20 takes $40 off the $199 College Accelerator program
Sophia.com (Learning on Demand & College Credit)
- None at this time
CURRICULUM & LEARNING
The Great Courses Plus (Learning on Demand)
- 14-day trial Great Courses Plus Streaming Subscription
- Amazon Video offering unlimited free streaming on The Great Courses Channel with your Prime membership.
- Rachelle sends us this tip: You can find many Great Courses through the app Hoopla. It connects with a library system near you. The app is free and all you need is a library card. You can check out up to 5 items a month. If not for college courses, it is a great homeschool resource!
Institutes for Excellence in Writing: None at this time.
(Teaching the Classics is the suggested product for Analyzing & Interpreting Literature CLEP)
Apologia Science: None at this time.
(Exploring Creation is the suggested product for Biology CLEP)
UDEMY (Learning on demand) None at this time.
Switched on Schoolhouse (fully digital high school curriculum) 10% off at Homeschool Buyer’s Coop
Rosetta Stone (digital foreign language curriculum) up to 47% off at Homeschool Buyer’s Coop
Veritas Press Online on sale at Homeschool Buyer’s Coop
Driver’s Ed: (Learning on Demand) Homeschool Buyer’s Co-op has discounts that vary by state. Most states are under $30. Driver’s Ed Homeschool
Homeschooling for College Credit Degree Planning Masterclass: (learn how to pay cash for college by degree planning)
- Buy a 3-month gift membership and receive 2 free audiobooks including Homeschooling for College Credit (first edition Audiobook) for free.
Kindle Unlimited eBOOKS (Downloadable books)
- Get Homeschooling for College Credit (second edition on Kindle) for free when you join Amazon’s Kindle Unlimited.
- Get Homeschooling for College Credit (second edition on Kindle) for $2.99 when you qualify for Amazon’s Matchbook promotion.
Amazon Prime: for COLLEGE STUDENTS. (Free shipping on textbooks, streaming video) If your teen is dual enrolled AND has a college ID, they can join Amazon Prime for 50% off the regular membership. (Note: they generally let you renew for at least 2 years at this rate) Amazon Prime student discount
Amazon Prime: Amazon Prime free 30-day trial.
- Used books: The Homeschooling for College Credit Marketplace allows you to buy, sell, and swap curriculum, textbooks, and test prep supplies.
- Abe Books: Abe Books, especially if I’m looking for an older edition of a classic.
- Textbooks.com: Textbooks.com advertises up to 90% off and free shipping.
- ebooks: Kindle Unlimited gives you unlimited access to their collection of ebooks and audiobooks. The first month is currently free, then $9.99/month.
- Open source: Open Textbook Library A huge collection of free digital textbooks. Note that these are not digital pirated copies- these are legitimately available.
- Buy or rent your textbook book: www.Amazon.com
- Buy-back program: www.alibris.com when you’re finished with your textbook (that you bought from anywhere) Alibris will buy it back from you! I’ve done this many times, it’s super easy.