The companies/organizations in this category sell courses “for college credit” that have been evaluated by the American Council on Education (ACE). ACE credit is not as transferable as credit earned directly through a college, but can be very transferable when used with the intention of transferring to one of the partner colleges. ACE is a third party credit evaluator that evaluates all types of learning that happens outside of a college. This kind of college credit is guaranteed to transfer into partner colleges (varies by provider) but transfers poorly outside of partnerships.
The American Dream Academy is a new tuition-free, six-month online learning program designed to help you gain the skills needed to pursue a great job or continue your education.
***New learners may register until October 16, 2023.***
Some of their certificates are worth ACE college credit.
- Open to students living in all 50 states.
- There are no textbooks for these programs.
- Students must be 18 to enroll. (High school graduation is recommended but not required). If you have a teen that is in their final year of high school and has turned 18, they can begin immediately.
- Taught through the Coursera platform.
- Each program consists of multiple self-paced courses that must be completed to earn the certificate.
- Successful completion of the certificate results in college credit.
- Enrollment Link
Certificates to Choose From
IBM Cyber Security Analyst (10 credits)
Google Data Analytics (12 credits)
Google Project Management (9 credits)
Google UX Design (10 credits)
Google IT Support Certificate (15 credits)
Using ACE Credit Wisely
The certificates offered through The American Dream Academy are intended to stand alone as job training, but a number of colleges are happy to award college credit for these certificates. If your student intends on studying Information Technology for a degree, be sure to consider Excelsior University, Western Governors, and Thomas Edison State University- all accept these credits.
**Program Ending April 30, 2024**
|What this means:You can continue working towards completion of your coursework until April 30, 2024, and all learners who complete the requirements by then will receive the credential. |
New learners may register until October 16, 2023.