Families in our community often have unusual circumstances that requires specialized transcript advice based on their specific circumstances.
- Length? 1 page
- Titles? Keep them simple.
- Fonts and colors? Resist the urge.
- + and – grades? If you don’t mind doing extra math.
- To weigh or not to weigh? I recommend including both.
- 1 college course taken at a college with a grade = 1 high school credit.
- Brand names shouldn’t appear on a high school transcript.
- Test scores (PSAT, SAT, ACT, CLEP, AP, etc.) shouldn’t appear on a transcript.
- Remember that the transcript is only one part of the college application!
- Know the difference between remedial, regular, honors, AP, or DE
- High school graduation requirements are not admissions requirements
Create a perfect template by building your own! In my free 30-minute mini-course, I’ll teach you how to quickly build a template you can use again and again with all of your students. My tutorial takes you from a blank page to a fully customized high school transcript in about a 1/2 hour. You’ll also get several a free printable blank transcript along with several printable samples of well-written transcripts you can use as examples. Best of all, it works with MS Word, Google Docs, or Open Office.
Calculate the Grade Point Average (GPA)
My free 15-minute mini-course will teach when you should weight your teen’s GPA, how to use my favorite GPA calculator, a printable unweighted GPA table, and a printable weighted GPA table.
Transcript Intensive Course
The Transcript Intensive Course Topics Include:
- What is a transcript? What is it not?
- Homeschool record keeping
- Sending transcripts to college
- Where does a transcript come from?
- What to put on the transcript, and what to leave off
- Why unique transcripts make a poor impression
- What goes in the header and footer
- How to enter courses on any template
- Weighted Honors GPA / College GPA / AP GPA
- Unweighted GPA
- How to use a GPA calculator
- What counts as 1 high school credit? (5 methods to use)
- What makes dual enrollment different?
- Using blending homeschool & DE courses for credit
- Converting dual enrollment into high school credit
- When and how to round with good judgement
- Recording dual enrollment on a homeschool transcript
- Recording credit by exam (CLEP, DSST, AP, UExcel, TECEP, ACTFL)
- Recording ACE credit (Sophia, Studycom, Straighterline, Saylor, etc.)
- Recording continuing education / adult education courses
- Recording remedial courses
- Writing course titles
- Writing course descriptions
- Case Studies
- Samples (blank)
- Samples (well-written)
- Membership in my Transcript Support Group
- Private consulting option